Sunday, May 17, 2009

So Where The Heck Have I Been?

If you've been wondering why there haven't been any updates to this blog or to the main Orbital Vector site the past few months, the short and simplified answer is, I've been very sick. I had a virus that lingered for months, that caused headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, fevers, chest pains and sciatica in my right leg. Plus in the middle of all this I also got tendonitis in my right foot stepping of an x-ray machine, so I couldn't even walk that much for three weeks straight.

Anyway, that's hopefully behind me. I feel fully recovered (more or less) though I'm still contending with the bills from the hospital and doctors. So if you've been thinking about donating to help out Orbital Vector stay afloat, now would certainly be a god time. Just use the donate button on OV's main page.

Just keep in mind that Orbital Vector and this blog are a one-man operation, which I do in my spare time, more or less. I'd love to do this stuff full time, but unless the ad revenue from the site increases a thousand fold, that's not very likely. So until then, its all just a labor of love (of futuristic technology.)

I do have plans, though. I have a bunch of OV articles that are in the works. An article on Ansibles (FTL radios) just went up, and future articles will address tech like Rocket Guns, Spacesuits, Advanced Ammunition, Underwater Habitats, Planet-scale Structure, Pocket Universes, and more. For this blog, besides linking to neat science and other stuff I find online, I may start serializing one or more of my novels here. One, The Shattered Sky is fully complete and the other, Escape From Zeroville is in first draft. I'll see how thing go, though.

No comments: